Currently listening to: The Hamilton soundtrack
I’ve graduated from my Master’s program.
I’ve secured a job that doesn’t involve crazy hours and will pay me enough that I’m not stuck eating cardboard for the foreseeable future.
I’ve put down a deposit on an apartment that is surprisingly not-awful.
So naturally, it’s time for a vacation! I’ve already mentioned where I’m going, but for those who don’t regularly read my admittedly-sporadic blog entries, I’m heading back to NYC this week! A friend of mine is going with me, too, and we are super excited! She’s never been to New York, which means I can
ditch her in Central Park and sell her Hamilton ticket for a small fortune show her around the areas of the city that I like (read as: the Theater District). And of course, we’ll have the main event of the trip:
I’m excited, of course, and my friend is really excited. I may or may not have spent the last 90 days or so since we booked the trip taunting my friend about how great the show is.
But what else are we doing aside from seeing Hamilton? We’ve made up a nice little list of the assorted stuff we’ll be doing. If you’ve got any suggestions, let me know in the comments! Especially if you’ve got some suggestions for where to get food/drinks in Manhattan!
What we’ve got so far:
- The various exhibits at Discovery Times Square
- Some comic book store in Times Square that my friend wants to go to
- Entering some ticket lotteries for Thursday evening shows
- Exploring Central Park and visiting the Central Park Zoo
- Stop by a couple of dessert places
- Possibly wander around 5th Ave
- Possibly the Hamilton’s Harlem walking tour
- Possibly a hop-on, hop-off bus tour (a good option if it ends up raining, maybe, and it’ll let my friend see more of the usual touristy sights she’s not seen yet)
So? Any other suggestions of things we should do? We’ll be there from Thursday-Sunday morning. And of course I’ll be working on my writing in some of my spare time.